Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Central Panhandle Mountains
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 11:59 AM PDT on March 22, 2017
Expires 4:15 PM EDT on March 29, 2017
1053 am PDT Wed Mar 22 2017
The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
rain and snowmelt in...
Bonner County in the Panhandle of Idaho...
Boundary County in the Panhandle of Idaho...
Shoshone County in the Panhandle of Idaho...
Stevens County in northeastern Washington...
Ferry County in northeastern Washington...
central Spokane County in northeastern Washington...
Pend Oreille County in northeastern Washington...
* until noon PDT Saturday
* recent rain and snow melt will result in increased runoff with
areas of small stream flooding... as well as field flooding.
Flooding will continue to remain a threat for many area
lakes... including Davis... Williams... eloika... and Newman. Our
unusually wet and snowy winter has raised the water table
unusually high over north Idaho and a large portion of Washington.
Flooding is ongoing in many areas. This includes the Colville
river going over Highway 395. Additional rainfall is likely today,
Friday, and again next Monday. Friday looks to be the wettest
storm system of the next 5 days.
* The saturated ground has produced conditions ripe for landslides
and debris flows on steep slopes around the area. Residents with
homes on or at the base of hillsides should be aware of the
potential for landslides and watch for trees leaning in unusual
orientations... water and mud seepage where not expected and other
signs of potential ground movement.
* In addition to small stream and field flooding... the Spokane
river... St. Joe river... and lake Coeur D'Alene will continue
to experience flooding this week.
* Additional mudslides or Road washouts are possible as well.
Please report flooding to your local law enforcement agency when you
can do so safely.
Lat... Lon 4693 11633 4789 11632 4799 11651 4798 11702
4782 11706 4781 11738 4758 11771 4726 11757
4726 11782 4783 11782 4794 11824 4783 11841
4796 11885 4900 11884 4900 11606 4798 11605
4770 11572 4743 11575 4694 11498 4694 11499
... Flood Warning now in effect until Monday evening...
the Flood Warning continues for
the lake Coeur D Alene
* until Monday evening.
* At 8:30 am Wednesday the stage was 2134.72 feet.
* Flood stage is 2133.00 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the lake is expected to continue to fall to below flood
stage by Monday evening.
Lat... Lon 4773 11694 4771 11656 4733 11667 4730 11696 4773 11694
* at 2134.8 feet... at this stage, fernan creek may begin flowing from
Coeur D'Alene Lake into Fernan Lake.
* At 2134.8 feet... the couer d'alene resort boardwalk, Independence
Point docks, and the 3rd street boat launch and parking lot will be
partially flooded. City beach and the city beach parking area will
be partially flooded. Several recreational picnic areas, docks, and
campsites around the lake and along the Chain Lakes will between
Harrison and Cataldo will be flooded. Businesses at the corner of
10th street and Lakeshore drive in Coeur D'Alene may have flooded
parking lots and water approaching their buildings.
* At 2134.7 feet... the boardwalk that parallels Bellerive Lane on the
Spokane river in Coeur D'Alene may be submerged and the docks may
* At 2134.4 feet... Squaw Bay Road at neachen Bay and Blue Lake Road
near Springston bridge in Harrison may be flooded at this stage.
Flooding may also occur at this stage on Black Rock Road east of
Highway 3, Lake Road, Thompson Lake Road, Willow Creek Road and
Evans Creek Road.
* At 2134.0 feet... Harbor Island may begin to experience minor
flooding. Water may begin to cover Loffs Bay Road at Loffs Bay.
* At 2133.5 feet... low areas at campground on Wolf Lodge Bay Road,
near I-90 and highgway 97, may begin to flood.
* At 2133.0 feet... if there are waves or boat wakes there may be some
minor flooding of residential and commercial property around the
lake. Flooding of lowland areas and some secondary roads adjacent
to Route 3 is likely, including Killarney Lake Road, Bull Run Road,
Rainey Hill Road, Medimont Road, and River Road between Highway 3
and Tamarack Ridge Road. Loffs Bay Road at Mica creek may also
begin to flood.
1053 am PDT Wed Mar 22 2017
... Flood Warning now in effect until Wednesday March 29...
the Flood Warning continues for
the St Joe river at St Maries.
* Until Wednesday March 29.
* At 10:30 am Wednesday the stage was 36.07 feet.
* Flood stage is 32.50 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and forecast.
* Forecast... the river is expected to forecast to drop to 35.7 feet
through Thursday... and then continue falling through next week.
Lat... Lon 4701 11627 4717 11663 4728 11668 4740 11665 4735 11632
* at 36.0 feet... extensive lowland flooding is likely. Some sections
of the St Joe River Road may be inundated. Water will be up to some
homes in the trailer park on St Maries River Road. Water will
approach the flood gates in the levee at the Aqua Park.
* At 35.0 feet... water will be up to Aqua Avenue in St Maries.
* At 33.0 feet... water may be over St Joe city Road.
* At 32.5 feet... minor flooding will occur throughout the low lying
areas of the St Joe valley. Water will be observed behind levees
due to seepage. Minor flooding of the Aqua Park along the river's
edge. Outbuildings along the river that are not behind levees may
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Colorado - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Freeze Warning
- Kansas - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Freeze Warning
- Maine - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi -
- Missouri -
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Hampshire - Wind Advisory
- New Jersey - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New York - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Freeze Warning
- Texas - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Freeze Warning
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory