Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 11:24 PM EDT on May 01, 2016
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 136 remains in effect until 1200 am EDT
for the following locations
. Indiana counties included are
Bartholomew Brown Decatur
Delaware Henry Jackson
Jennings Johnson Lawrence
Monroe Morgan Randolph
Statement as of 12:02 PM EDT on May 01, 2016
Expires 2:06 AM EDT on May 03, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the muscatatuck river at Wheeler Hollow.
* Until late Monday night.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river is forecast to have a maximum value of 19.2
feet this afternoon.
* At 20.0 feet... high water is noticed along the river. Flood waters
in a few backyards. A few roads are flooded.
Lat... Lon 3878 8591 3878 8603 3880 8615 3876 8618
3873 8605 3874 8591
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 8:03 PM EDT on May 01, 2016
... Severe weather safety information...
severe weather is possible in central Indiana tonight. Take this
opportunity to practice your safety plan at work and in the home.
A severe thunderstorm or Tornado Watch means that conditions are
favorable for the development of severe thunderstorms or tornadoes
over the next several hours. Be aware of your environment... and
stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... or your favorite local media
outlet... for possible warnings or statements.
A severe thunderstorm or Tornado Warning... usually issued for
portions of one or more counties at a time... means that severe
weather or a tornado is imminent or occurring. Those in the path
of the storm must seek shelter immediately in a sturdy
structure... away from windows... and below ground if possible.
It is important to remember that severe thunderstorms can and
occasionally do produce tornadoes with little or no advanced
warning. If you hear or see a tornado... or if you feel
threatened... move immediately to shelter. Seconds can save your
Know what to do when a tornado threatens. Follow these simple
In a home or small building... go to the basement or to an
interior room... such a closet or bathroom... on the lowest floor
possible. Get under a sturdy table or bed... or Crouch low and
cover your head with your hands.
In Mobile homes or vehicles... abandon them and go to a sturdy
structure. If there is no such shelter nearby... lie flat in a
ditch... ravine... culvert... or other low spot... and shield your
head with your hands. Never take shelter under a Highway
overpass. Overpasses create a deadly wind Tunnel effect... which
will pull you out from under the bridge.
In large buildings such as schools... factories... hospitals...
nursing homes... and shopping centers... go to the predesignated
shelter area. Interior rooms on the lowest floor offer the most
protection. Avoid areas with large span roofs... as these roofs
are weak and prone to failure.
In high rise buildings... go to a small interior room or hallway...
away from windows.
Stay away from windows... do not open or close them. It will not
increase or decrease the amount of structural damage... and you
will waste valuable time and put your life at risk from flying
debris. Remember... flying debris is the most dangerous hazard
Severe thunderstorms can also cause considerable damage from hail
or wind... and can be deadly. If a Severe Thunderstorm Warning is
issued... move to a place of safety... just as you would during a
Tornado Warning. Have a weather radio... radio... or television
nearby to stay alert of any changes to the weather situation.
For more safety... forecast... and warning information... visit our
website at: http://www.Weather.Gov/ind
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning
- Indiana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Ohio - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Frost Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement