Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:19 AM EDT on May 02, 2016
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on May 03, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from 10 am EDT this morning
through Tuesday morning...
The National Weather Service in Jackson has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of east central Kentucky...
northeast Kentucky... south central Kentucky and southeast
Kentucky... including the following areas... in east central
Kentucky... Elliott. In northeast Kentucky... Johnson and
Martin. In south central Kentucky... Laurel... McCreary and
Whitley. In southeast Kentucky... Bell... Breathitt... Clay...
Floyd... Harlan... Knott... Knox... Lee... Leslie... Letcher...
Magoffin... Morgan... Owsley... Perry... Pike and Wolfe.
* From 10 am EDT this morning through Tuesday morning
* another round of heavy showers and thunderstorms is expected
across eastern Kentucky this afternoon and evening. Some
rainfall could linger in southeast Kentucky into Tuesday
morning. Rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are likely... with
locally higher amounts. With the ground already very saturated
and creeks and streams running high... this additional rainfall
could quickly lead to more flash flooding.
* Roads could become blocked or washed out by flash flooding. If
you encounter a flooded Road... be sure to turn around... don't
drown. Houses and businesses in the vicinity of creeks...
streams... and rivers could also be affected by flooding.
Continue to monitor forecasts and any warnings today as
conditions could deteriorate very quickly.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Freeze Warning
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Frost Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement